Skip to main content

Posts

Showing posts from January, 2008

Squid dead but subsys locked

# /etc/init.d/squid status squid dead but subsys locked # df -h # rm -rf /var/run/squid.pid # rm -rf /var/lock/subsys/squid # tail -f /var/log/messages # tail -f /var/log/squid/cache.log # /etc/init.d/squid start 2007/12/28 09:57:16| Starting Squid Cache version 2.5.STABLE6 for i386-redhat-linux-gnu... 2007/12/28 09:57:16| Process ID 26701 2007/12/28 09:57:16| With 1024 file descriptors available 2007/12/28 09:57:16| DNS Socket created at 0.0.0.0, port 33056, FD 4 2007/12/28 09:57:16| Adding nameserver 202.XX.XX.XXX from /etc/resolv.conf 2007/12/28 09:57:16| Adding nameserver 202.XX.XX.XXX from /etc/resolv.conf 2007/12/28 09:57:16| Adding nameserver 192.168.0.254 from /etc/resolv.conf 2007/12/28 09:57:16| User-Agent logging is disabled. 2007/12/28 09:57:16| Referer logging is disabled. 2007/12/28 09:57:16| Unlinkd pipe opened on FD 9 2007/12/28 09:57:16| Swap maxSize 102400 KB, estimated 7876 objects 2007/12/28 09:57:16| Target number of buckets: 393 2007/12/28 09:57:16| Using 8192

Multiple Network connectivity issue in OpenBSD within VMWware

Only the first NIC of each Virtual machine will work .None of the rest won't. So added a Virtual Network Resource for that Virtual machine in VMWare Control Panel But it didn't work this time.Only the first NIC will work So logged into the VMWare Virtual Console and checked the Virtual Switches and VLAN Settings It was clear that there is a Virtual Switch named "vSwitch0" And this switch contains only one NIC as its member which is "vmnic0" in our case. So I decided to add the second NIC "vmnic3" to this switch. I tried # esxcfg-vswitch -L vmnic3 vSwitch0 But it created problems. After this I was unable to access the Local Network,ie the the network connected through the "vmnic0" So I removed it from the switch and added to the same switch specifying the Portgroup also # esxcfg-vswitch -U vmnic3 vSwitch0 # esxcfg-vswitch -p VM\ Network -L vmnic3 vSwitch0 But didn't work So remo

Auto Responder plugin in SquirrelMail

1.Download the compatibility plugin and Local Auto Responder plugin from http://squirrelmail.org 2.Extract it to the Squirrelmail - plugins directory # pwd /var/www/html/squirrelmail/plugins # tar xzf compatibility-2.0.9-1.0.tar.gz # cd compatibility 3.Patch it to your squirrelmail version # patch -p0 < patches/compatibility_patch-1.4.11.diff patching file ../../functions/strings.php 4.Configure the Squirrelmail to include the plugin # cd ../../config # ./conf.pl 5.Extract Local Auto Responder Plugin # cd ../plugins/ # tar xzf local_autorespond_forward-3.0-1.4.0.tar.gz # cd local_autorespond_forward 6.Compile suid_backend module # cd suid_backend/ # ./configure --enable-webuser=nobody Here my Apache is running as user "nobody".That user should have the permission to play with the directories under this. # make # make install 7.Copy the sample config.php # cd .. # cp config.sample.php config.php 8.Edit the config.php to use &q